In life, we come across many paths. Whatever crossroads may come our way, choose to find joy in your journey. The path may not lead you in the way you expected. Your path might be flat and easy or it might be bumpy and full of hills. But you never know where it might lead! You can't always choose where your path may take you but you can choose your attitude. Heavenly Father knows what path will help you become the person He wants you to be. Trust His path for you.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adventure to Africa

Well here I go... My first blog. The event that pushed this blog creation into motion was my journey to Africa to attend a semester study abroad program in Ghana. Although this is how my blog will start, it is just the beginning of what I want to share with my family and friends. 

One year ago I was in complete angst over when I would graduate from USU. Because of when I left and came home from my mission, the timing for my program was off by a semester. This meant that during Fall 2012 there would be NO classes offered that I needed and I would have to stay for Spring 2013 to get the rest of my classes for graduation. It just wasn't fair. Wasn't I supposed to be blessed for serving a mission? I didn't understand it. Then as I talked to the head of the Honors program, she suggested that I look into study abroad options for the Fall 2012 semester. As I started my research for a program, everything started falling into place.... 

I found the placement in Ghana through the International Student Exchange Program. 
My roommate attended this same program 2 years ago and was a HUGE resource.
I could conduct my Honors Thesis research on drumming through my classes at the University of Ghana.
The church is strong in this area of Africa, making it easier to attend church, the temple, and institute.
I received over $6,000 in scholarships/grants to help pay the cost of the program.
I was able to attend my sister Sandi's wedding before I had to leave.

It all came together. And now I am here, in Africa! I have arrived!


No comments:

Post a Comment